Saturday 31 August 2013

Locks of Love!



Well, this is pretty anticlimatic... because there have already been posts with my short hair... but anyway, here are two pictures of all of my hair. The new haircut (new being, almost two weeks old) is really wonderful; the old hair has probably already arrived in Florida (headquarters of Locks of Love).

The minimum requirements are 10 inches of hair (I had 14 inches though!)... and not bleached. Most companies that deal with hair donations actually don't take dyed hair at all, but Locks of Love does - which is why I went with it.

It's a little strange, but I feel like hair carries so much weight. It grows as you grow, and it's there in every day you live. To chop off your hair (which is pretty typical of girls who want "change" in their lives) is so satisfying; it's a way to say to the world, something is about to change and I'm okay with that! Is this weird? Do other girls out there agree with me?

I think it's really such a good idea to drastically change up your appearance every once in a while - it's a very very visible way to get out of your comfort zone, which is definitely worth doing as much as possible. I stumbled upon this lovely quote the other day:

"We’re not the same person we were a year ago, a month ago, or a week ago. We’re constantly changing. Experiences don’t stop. That’s life." - Anonymous

Change is good. Change is important. Almost all of my closest friends (and friends in general) are starting their university adventures this weekend; I start on Wednesday! This is an important milestone for all of us, and I guess I just wanted to say that we deserve to have an incredible year. We deserve to have rewarding lives with lovely new friends, super old friends, spiritual fulfillment, academic success, and whatever else we need to be happy. We deserve all of this, but we need to embrace the changes in our lives to get to that point.

I can't wait to see how my life changes over the next year... and if you're reading my blog now, I hope you're excited to go through this journey with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment