Saturday 10 August 2013

UK Visa Appointment & Work Work Work



Friday, August 9th. 9:00am. That was the day and time of my UK Visa appointment. Ugh, I could go on and on about how ridiculously awful my experience was... but I'm not going to.

I just wanted to clarify a few things:

No one cares how nicely you dress, because the people who get to accept or reject your Visa application are not actually at the centre you're at. They're in NYC and will never see you except to see your face.

Read all documents and website links and resources WAY before the day before your appointment. I was mad rushing to figure out how to get a passport sized photo the night before and that was really such unneeded stress.

You can't use your electronics in the building (or at least the Toronto WorldBridge centre), so if you need to check anything on the internet or whatever... print it out. (I hate that I'm encouraging wasting paper but really the level of incompetency I felt was completely not worth it).

If you're going anywhere you haven't been before, even if you kind of know the area, CHARGE YOUR PHONE the night before so you're not stranded and lost and confused about what you're doing or where you're going.

Anyways, then I had work at Ecosource which ended at 5:30, then work at Wasabi from 6 to 11pm... so yeah, pretty exhausting day. HOPE YOUR WEEKEND IS BETTER THAN MINE. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment